New introductions

Jot down a few lines to introduce yourself

New introductions

Postby bryn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:08 am

Hi, I'm Bryn, and I was a regular poster on this board when it first came out over 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then, including having moved continents, so updating my earlier introduction in "Hello from North America!" didn't feel appropriate.

New thread time! Please feel free to introduce yourself here, no matter where you're from.

As for me, I'm a Canadian transplant living in London, England. I've done a fair bit of teaching (blues, lindy hop, wcs, balboa) in the past few years, to the point where it has occasionally been my primary source of income. Here in London, I work with Blues Revolution.

I'm pretty devoted to the concept of blues dancing as a living, breathing artform informed by its historical context. I believe blues dancing, by definition, has to be danced to blues music, and that it is a physical manifestation of that music. I try not to spend any time arguing this point anymore, so I'm posting it here to give you context on where I'm coming from when I enter into other discussions.

Thanks to Daniel for reviving this board. I've actually been missing the old message board days!
bryn
Order of Merit Blues
Order of Merit Blues

Re: New introductions

Postby Bluesman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:23 am

Welcome to version 3 of the board Bryn :D
Daniel (Forum Admin) 8)
"The young at heart find fun in everything" Charles Dickens
Bluesman
C-in-C Blues
C-in-C Blues

Return to Introducing you